Saturday 3 November 2012

Project - Dining Set Redux

This next project I tackled is home dec related. I don't normally do home dec projects, but it was either try and redux this dining set or shell out a few hundred dollars for a new one. I chose the former and added chair cushions, covers and even recovered the table top with a water proof nylon.

Before
I had all the materials needed (fabric, stapler, double-sided tape) so all I invested was my time. The fabric came from my extensive cache (which could do with some reduction) and for the chair padding I used pieces of foam mat (the kind used in children's play rooms etc.). As a side note, these mats are wonderful for laying on your floor and cutting out fabric and patterns. I don't have a large cutting table so I lay my fabric and pattern pieces on the floor, on top of these mats to prevent damaging the floor.

I'm quite pleased with the finished product. This dining set has been through three moves and has dings and dents as a result. Reduxing gives it new life until I'm ready to upgrade.


After




No comments:

Post a Comment