Thursday 28 July 2011

DIY Vintage

Love spats but can't find them no matter how hard you try? Or perhaps you've seen an outfit on "Mad Men" that you'd love to re-create?  Why not make them yourself!

Many thrift and vintage stores sell fabrics and textiles from the past.  Women often made their own clothing back in the day, so don't be surprised to find retro barkcloth or polyester double-knit leftover from a sewist's past projects.  You can also find vintage sewing patterns, which are highly collectable these days.  I must admit, these are other addictions I have along with handbags and purses - sewing patterns and fabrics.

Below is just a small sample of items in my collection.  While I may not have grown up during those times, I am fond of the nostalgia that vintage items bring.






1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Right out of the 60s! Style was so great back in those days

    ReplyDelete