Sunday 17 July 2011

Vintage redux

Sometimes I'll find a vintage gem and only like one element of the piece, or there may be damage that cannot be repaired.  When I do, I'll upcycle and redo it to suit my taste.  You can get really creative when you upcycle, and truly showcase your sense of style.  Change the fit, style or completely take it apart and adding new elements will keep vintage pieces fresh and modern.  I love the creative process, so I'm always brimming with ideas and projects that can be re-worked.

Here's a vintage evening purse that I spied, which immediately caught my eye.  The original purse was a very flashy, gold foil
lamé material encrusted throughout with clear rhinestones.  Of course, not all of the rhinestones were intact either, so I knew I had to redux it for that reason, if not for the fact that the amount of bling throughout was blinding!  I decided on a basic black and white print to juxtapose the fancy rhinestone frame.  The pleats in the fabric create texture and interest, adding dimension to an otherwise simple evening purse.  In the end, I was extremely pleased to have conjured up such an elegant creation.


Vintage Redux Black & White Pleated Evening Clutch 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! If I sent you a vintage purse with some design ideas, how much would you charge to rework it? Shipping of course. Please email me details. This is your friend Jackie L by the way!

    ReplyDelete