Friday 15 July 2011

The thrill of the hunt

Over recent years, I've developed a fascination and love of vintage.  I bet you never thought that old handbag in your grandmother's closet could bring such delight to later generations!  In an era of excess and label-whoring, vintage finds are not only environmentally friendly, they're uniquely fashionable.  I mean, which stylish fashionista wouldn't want their handbag or shoes to be highly coveted by others?  I love being the only person, or select few who own a specific fashion piece.  People will stop you in your tracks, and ask you where you bought it.  Not only that, the "thrill of the hunt" keeps me addicted to scrounging for wonderful vintage items others have discarded.  Finding a bargain is one thing, but uncovering a gem in an unlikely place is...indescribable.

For example, when I found this CEM leather purse I was ecstatic!  The basket weave design and durable leather make it exquisitely unique.  The strap is super long so you can carry it as a shoulder bag or crossbody bag.



CEM Basket Weave Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment